Ogre - Ballard (2018)
Side A (Track 1-7):
Inspired by the short story ‘The Zone Of Terror’ by J. G. Ballard.
After a nervous breakdown, Larsen retreats to a desert resort under the care of psychologist Bayliss. A series of psychoretinal hallucinations begin to evolve, induced by Bayliss’ course of psilocybin treatment; the spectres of translucent men walk amongst the uninhabited chalets, as Larsen falls outside of time.
Based on the short stories ‘News from the Sun’, ‘Memories of the Space Age’ & ‘Myths of the Near Future’ by J. G. Ballard.
The space grounds along Cape Canaveral lie empty. Abandoned launch sites, the husks of the Apollo missions, litter the coastline. Space flight has brought about a psychic fissure: a fugue inducing space sickness. Humanity succumbs to a debilitating, timeless trance. A lone astronaut, responsible for the first murder in space, haunts his victims among the deserted Florida hotels.Bandcamp
01. MCMLXXXIII [02:02]
02. Post-hypnotic suggestion [02:02]
03. Deep schizos, irreversible paranoids [03:26]
04. Forgotten Intentions [01:57]
05. 'Hallucination is the wrong term altogether' [02:41]
06. 'There's a gun in my letterbox' [01:40]
07. First of the three [03:49]
08. Ident IV [00:12]
09. The last man to walk on the Moon [02:38]
10. Memories of the Space Age [03:53]
11. Threat Of Extinction [01:44]
12. 'If anyone's immune, you are' [01:47]
13. Total time lost (Intermission) [01:13]
14. Terraces of Soleri II [02:34]
15. Reflecting the void [01:05]
16. News from the Sun [02:17] ZS 320 | Drop 320